*TERMS AND CONDITIONS*
Hunt and Gun Auction SA
1) Auctions are Tuesdays and Thursdays 18:00 – 20:00.
2) Everybody can bid between 18:00 and 19:45 and from 19:45 to 20:00 only active bidders to continue unless bids are below reserve, in which case Lot is open for any bid. Early bids can be made on the website any time before the auction at: https://huntandgun.co.za/auctions/
3) EXTRA time on Auction on Admin’s discretion, which will be limited to 2 min bid intervals from the posting time of preliminary results, on specified lots only.
4) No new bidders will be allowed to start bidding in the last 15 minutes.
5) On the WhatsApp and Telegram auction there are multiple groups all named “Hunt and Gun Auction SA” running at the same time, the bids are received over all the groups and the results are shared across all groups as they happen.
6) It is the responsibility of the seller to ensure that Hunt And Gun Auction SA receives the correct information.
7) Hunt And Gun Auction SA accepts no responsibility for incorrect information or incorrect photos provided by the seller.
8) Hunt And Gun Auction SA accepts no liability for lots purchased which are reproductions of the original.
9) It is the buyer’s responsibility to make sure he is satisfied with the information of a lot before buying the lot. NO EXCEPTIONS. If for any reason the item bought is indeed refunded to the buyer a 15% fee will still be charged, any refunds would exclude the cost of courier as that is solely at the risk of buyers and sellers.
10) During the Hunt And Gun Auction SA, please enter your bid correctly and completely. E.g. Lot 5 R1000 Piet (1). A wrong bid will not be accepted without notice.
11) All bids must be increased by a minimum of R50.00 (fifty Rand) unless otherwise indicated.
12) No lot sent to Hunt And Gun Auction SA may appear on another auction on the same day. Such a lot will have a fine of 15% (fifteen percent) excluding VAT of the reserve amount which will be paid by the seller to Hunt And Gun Auction SA.
13) 15% (fifteen percent) plus VAT on the sale amount will be due by the seller to Hunt And Gun Auction SA as commission.
14) Lot for the day’s auction MUST BE STRONGLY PRIVATE. If not, lots will not be placed on that day.
15) Lots that are placed may NOT be withdrawn. In such event, a 15% (fifteen percent) plus VAT admin fee of the reserve amount will be due to Hunt And Gun Auction SA for ANY withdrawal by the seller.
16) Buyers will remain bound to Hunt And Gun Auction SA sales agreement. Should the buyer withdraw from a lot bought before the deal is concluded, the buyer will be held responsible for 15% (fifteen percent) excluding VAT fine of sales amount to Hunt And Gun Auction SA. NO EXCEPTIONS will be tolerated. Make sure of a lot before buying it. No bid will be withdrawn during auction.
17) Hunt And Gun Auction SA reserves the right to refuse any lot or offer during auction.
18) All lots remain the property of the seller, and the seller may refuse a buyer’s bid. Seller must have a valid reason and administer it privately. Should the seller fail to provide a valid reason such seller will be liable of payment of 15% (fifteen percent) excluding VAT of the reserve price of the lot.
19) All lots remain the property of the seller until the buyer’s transaction has been completed to the seller.
20) Hunt And Gun Auction SA will place the results of the auction with the closing of each day’s auction. Only after publication of the results will the seller’s information be sent privately to buyers.
21) Negotiations on non-sold lots will be strictly negotiated after the auction by Hunt And Gun Auction SA.
22) After the auction, the buyer will receive the seller’s contact details and it is the buyer’s responsibility to contact the seller within 24 hours and make payment to Hunt and Gun Auction SA within 3 (three) working days, Hunt and Gun Auction SA will release payment to seller 14 (Fourteen) days after buyer has confirmed he is satisfied that goods have been sent or received unless otherwise arranged. This allows for enough time for the buyer to receive the item and confirm that it is in the condition as listed. In the event of a hunt 14 (fourteen) days after the seller confirms a date has been set with seller.
23) On all hunts booked 50% deposit will be paid to the seller once Hunt and Gun SA receives payment, the balance of 50% will be paid to the seller on confirmation from the buyer that hunt has been successfully completed. It is the buyers responsibility to confirm that he/she is satisfied that the seller can provide the hunt and that Hunt and Gun SA can pay the deposit to seller, once said deposit is paid to the seller the agreement is between the buyer and seller and Hunt and Gun SA will not be held liable for the 50% paid.
24) On hunts where only 50% deposit is charged by the seller, Hunt and Gun SA will pay the whole amount to the seller less the 15% auction fee, once said deposit is paid to the seller the agreement is between the buyer and seller and Hunt and Gun SA will not be held liable for the said hunt.
25) Buyers will receive confirmation of the sale as well as Hunt And Gun Auction SA’s banking details after each auction.
26) If the buyer does not make arrangements for goods to be sent by seller, or does not collect the goods after a period of 90 (ninety) days ownership of the goods reverts back to the seller and the buyer will forfeit any payments made.
27) Cash-deposits require you to add a R50.00 (fifty Rand) cash-deposit fee to your total amount.
28) Hunt And Gun Auction SA is not responsible for failed deliveries or for transport or costs of transport of any items sold on auction. It is the buyer’s responsibility to get in touch with the seller and to arrange transportation, the cost of which is for the buyer unless otherwise specified.
29) It is the seller’s responsibility to notify Hunt And Gun Auction SA if the buyer fails to comply with the rules.
30) The seller has 7 days to provide goods sold to the buyer in good condition if applicable.
31) Sellers must inform Hunt And Gun Auction SA once they have dispatched goods to buyers, no payments will be released without this notification from sellers. This is the responsibility of the seller to notify Hunt and Gun Auction SA and not the responsibility of the auction to follow up on this.
32) Buyers must inform Hunt And Gun Auction SA once they have received goods, no payments will be released without this notification from buyer. This is the responsibility of the buyer to notify Hunt and Gun Auction SA and not the responsibility of the auction to follow up on this.
33) All private seller firearm transactions shall be facilitated by African Arms, Dealer’s License Number 100163, 25C Bergrivier Drive, Chloorkop, Kempton Park, 1619 a licensed dealer in arms and ammunition.
Private sellers are required to provide the following:
A green license card, a license in an ID book, a current white card license (not expired)
A clear copy of a South African ID book or ID Card
34) All dealer seller transactions will have the dealer’s license number included in listing.
Dealers are required to provide the following:
A copy of a valid dealer’s license (not expired)
If license has expired, a copy of the renewal submitted within the prescribed period
Copy of the responsible person’s competency to trade (not expired)
A clear copy of the South African ID book or ID Card of the responsible person as reflected on the dealer’s license
35) Hunt And Gun Auction SA admin expects everyone to view the group as an auction and to respect the privacy of the admin and anyone who is part of the Hunt And Gun Auction SA group. If any problems arise, please report privately to admin and NOT on the Hunt And Gun Auction SA group.
36) Any disputes are resolved at the sole discretion of Hunt & Gun SA.
37) All items bought on Hunt and Gun SA comes with a 14 (Fourteen) day money back guarantee (unless otherwise stated) should the buyer not be satisfied.
38) To add anybody to the Hunt and Gun SA Auction forward this link: